Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
There's nothing quite like the aroma of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies filling your home. When you want a few chewy cookies to satisfy your cookie craving, try this Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe.
Sometimes you just need a little something sweet, and this recipe makes a small batch of cookies, yes, just 12 cookies. These chocolaty cookies bake up perfectly chewy with a slightly crisp edge everyone loves.
If you want a bigger batch of cookies, try these Chocolate Chip Roll-Out Cookie s. Yes, it's true; you can make fun shapes with this cookie dough.
This recipe for Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies is a hearty cookie full of oatmeal and cacao nibs for a great crunch.
Why you will love these cookies
12 cookies- When you don't need a bunch of cookies and want a few. This recipe makes 12, which is perfect for you or a quick snack that won't leave you with dozens of cookies.
One bowl- You only need one small mixing bowl and a spoon to make these cookies. No mixer is required.
Quick and easy to make - These cookies are so simple and come together in under 30 minutes.
Golden brown and delicious - You will love this rich buttery cookie with a hint of caramel from the brown sugar.
I hope you are ready for some warm-from-the-oven cookies. The full instructions are in the recipe card below.
Step 1. Heat the oven and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Step 2. Mix the softened butter and both sugar.
Step 3. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
Step 4. Add all of the dry ingredients and the chocolate chips. Mix again until all of the ingredients are combined.
Step 5. With a small cookie scoop, scoop 12 cookie dough balls onto the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 10 minutes.
I love using cookie scoops to get a consistent-sized cookie, and for this recipe, use a 1.5 tablespoon ( scoop.
So next time you're in the mood for something sweet but don't want to go through the hassle of making a large batch of cookies, consider trying out this simple and delicious recipe. You won't regret it!
Want to change things up? Here are some inspirations to try.
- Add milk chocolate chips or use half and half milk and dark chocolate chips.
- For a totally different taste, use butterscotch chips, peanut butter chips or cinnamon chips.
- Feeling nutty, add chopped pecans, walnuts or macadamia nuts.
- Pat the dough in an 8x8 inch pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes for cookie bars.
More favorites to make and eat
Chocolate-Covered Ice Cream Bites (with Oreos)
Sweet Cherry Hand Pies
Jam Tart Recipe - (Bakewell Tart with Strawberry Jam)
Easy Homemade Biscuits
Thank you for stopping by the One Hot Oven blog. Please leave a comment to say hello or tell me what you are baking; I always love hearing from fellow bakers. Have any questions or want to chat about the recipe? Please visit my about page for information, and I’ll be happy to help!
From learning to cook on a farm in Indiana to culinary school in California, my passion for food is never-ending. Turning on my oven to bake something for friends and family is my happy place, and I am glad to be here at One Hot Oven sharing sweet and savory family-friendly recipes for your cooking and baking inspiration.
Rolling pin graphic with flowers.
Small Batch Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup AP flour NOTE: add an extra 2 tablespoons of flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl mix the softened butter and both sugars together until creamy. Use a heavy spoon, or use a mixer.
- Add egg yolk and vanilla; mix until incorporated.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in another small bowl. Add flour mixture and chocolate chips to the butter mixture. Stir, by hand, until combined.
- Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop, or drop by using a large spoon. You should get 12 cookies.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the edges are light golden brown.
- Store cookies in an airtight container for three days.
- This recipe can make bar cookies by patting the dough into an 8" x 8" baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 -25 minutes.
- Substitutions ~
- Milk chocolate chips
- Chopped nuts like pecans, walnut or macadamia nuts
- Peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips or cinnamon chips