Strawberry Brownies are a berry-licious twist on a favorite dessert. Fudgy and chocolaty, these from-scratch brownies are topped with fresh strawberries then drizzled with dark chocolate.
My stomach can handle what my heart cannot. Not that I’m saying my heart can handle much. It almost came to a dead stop while I was push mowing the lawn on a day hot enough to melt a mailbox. After two swipes of grass cutting my left ventricle was like: if you don’t stop, I will. It’s important to listen to your body. Which is why the lawnmower is now parked in the middle of my unkempt yard and I’m parked on the couch eating brownies.
Some could argue that I’m out of shape but, technically speaking, round is a shape. You know what else is round? Dessert plates. And mine is currently stacked with Chocolate Covered Strawberry Brownies. It’s interesting that I can’t plow through ankle high grass with a Honda mower, but I can plow through a pan of chocolaty brownies no problem. Which proves that my body prefers eating calories over burning calories. And who am I to argue with that delicious logic?
Speaking of delicious, if you’ve never had Strawberry Brownies before then you’re in for a yummy treat. I’m talking about triple-chocolate brownies crowned with fresh chocolate covered strawberries that strike the perfect balance of fruity and fudgy in every bite. So if you’re up for a tasty twist on a classic, ditch your lawnmower and take dessert to the next level with Strawberry Brownies.
Before sharing the recipe for Strawberry Brownies, here are a few tips and tricks to help you out:
I only bake with unbleached all-purpose flour. Bleach should only be added to brownies for a cheating boyfriend, not brownies you’re eating yourself.
For best results, eggs should be at room temperature before beginning.
Above all, always bake brownies in a shiny metal pan. Avoid glass and stoneware pans for brownies because of their prolonged bake times.
Bake brownies until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. If the batter is still wet then continue baking and check again in 1 minute increments. Take care to avoid overbaking.
How to Store Strawberry Brownies
Place brownies in an airtight container then store at room temperature up to 3 days.
I hope you enjoy these Strawberry Brownies. Please leave a rating and review when you try them for yourself. And, while you’re at it, sign up for my Recipe Newsletter so you never miss a tempting recipe.
Finally, if you like strawberry desserts then you’ll love this Strawberry Galette. Featuring a rustic butter crust loaded with fresh berries, this pie alternative is imperfectly perfect.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 7 ounces bittersweet chocolate bar 60% cacao
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar packed
- 3 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract pure
- 1 cup all-purpose flour unbleached
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt fine
- 3/4 cup fresh strawberries hulled and chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate melted
- 8 fresh strawberries hulled and quartered
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 metal baking pan. Set aside.
- Chop chocolate bar then microwave with butter in a large heat-safe bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each increment until melted and smooth.
- Add granulated sugar and brown sugar to bowl then whisk vigorously until completely combined.
- Cool for for 5 minutes before adding eggs.
- Add eggs, one at a time, whisking vigorously after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Add vanilla then stir until evenly distributed. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, Dutch processed cocoa powder and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, stirring with a spoon until just combined. Avoid overmixing.
- Pour batter into baking pan then smooth top with a spatula to level.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Avoid overbaking.
- Remove brownies from the oven and cool to room temperature.
- Top brownies with chopped strawberries.
- Drizzle melted chocolate on top of chopped strawberries.
- After melted chocolate has set, top with quartered strawberries.
- Cut and serve. For pristine slices, clean knife with hot water in between cuts.
- Store brownies in an airtight container at room temperature up to 3 days.