Sunshine Lemon Bars
I’ve got sunshine on this hot Chicago day! 🌞Actually, most these days have been pretty hot, but I’m not complaining! There are only a few desserts I want to grab on a hot day. One being some bright luscious lemon bars, fresh out of the fridge, and dusted with some sugar 🍋🍋🍋 I mean, COMEON!
Try these “Sunshine Lemon Bars” for the best summer bite! They are easy to make, so refreshing, and just downright delicious. They don’t take long to make, so you can spend the majority of your day soaking up so rays instead of cooped up in your kitchen.
Sunshine Lemon Bars
Shortbread Crust Ingredients
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter ~ Melted
- 1/2 Cup Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 TSP Salt
- 2 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 2 Cups + 2 TBS All-Purpose Flour
Lemon Filling Ingredients
- 2 Cups Granulated Sugar
- 6 TBS All-Purpose Flour
- 6 Large Eggs
- 1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice (About 4 Lemons)
- Zest From 1 Lemon
- Optional: Confectioners Sugar For Dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line the bottom of a 9x13 glass baking dish with parchment paper and set aside
- In a medium bowl, mix together the melted butter, sugar, salt, and vanilla extract. Add the flour, stirring until fully combined. Take the dough, pressing it firmly and evenly into your prepared baking dish. Bake for about 20-22 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned. Remove pan from the oven. With a fork, poke holes all over the crust without going all the way through.
- Make your filling by sifting the sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Whisk in the eggs one at a time, mixing after each addition. Add in fresh lemon juice and zest until well combined.
- Pour lemon filling over warm crust. Bake in the oven for 22-28 minutes or until the center is set (not jiggling and soupy). Cool bars completely at room temperature for about 2 hours and then refrigerate for another 2 hours. Then, devour 🤤
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 31st, 2020 1:09 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
4 of 11 comments
Very tempting I must try it
Not very healthy ingredients. Perhaps some substitutes could have been suggested for those who care about such things.