Sugar Cookie Bars
I just love this time of year! My decorations are up and my holiday baking has begun! Normally I try to bake healthy, but I find it hard this time of year. There are too many fun, festive and sweet treats to choose from!
These Vanilla Sugar Cookie Bars are the perfect holiday dessert. They’re soft, sweet and super easy to make. Your house will smell amazing after baking these delicious cookie bars!
If you’re looking for a dessert that will impress, than look no further! Top these cookie bars with icing and some festive sprinkles and you’ll have the perfect holiday cookie bar
Sugar Cookie Bars
The Cookie Base
- 1 Cup of Butter (at room temperature)
- 3/4 Cup of Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 2 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 3 Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
Butter Cream Frosting
- 1/4 Cup of Butter (at room temperature)
- 2 Cups of Icing Sugar (powdered sugar)
- 1.5 Teaspoons of Vanilla Extract
- 1-3 Tablespoons of Milk (add milk slowly until desired consistency is reached)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line a 9x13 baking pan with parchment paper.
- For the cookie base: In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar. Stir in the egg and vanilla until fluffy. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt.)
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients until just combined.
- Spread your dough into your prepared baking pan and press it down into an even layer.
- Bake for 20- 25 mins or until the edges are golden brown.
- While the cookie base is cooking, prepare the frosting.
- Stir all of the ingredients together until smooth and fluffy. Note, be sure to add the milk slowly until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Once your cookie base is cooked and cooled, add your frosting.
- Optional, top with sprinkles. Enjoy!