A buttery, flakey and slightly sweet sort of biscuit. I guess you can say it's kind of like a buttery biscuit, but are more of a pastry.They are delightful in a way where it just sweetens your day a little more. Most scones are sweeter but can be made savory as well. This recipe in particular is a SWEET one :) I am obsessed with these. Most people are a little intimidated when it comes to baking bakery style pastries and breads. Scones are very simple to make and it only requires a few ingredients, most of which everyone has in their pantry and fridge. So, don't skip out on these! Hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Cinnamon Roll Scones
Cinnamon Roll Scones
- 2 ¼ cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter, cold, grated
- 1 ⅓ cups and 1 tbsp heavy cream plus more to brush'
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Cinnamon Glaze Ingredients
- ¾ cup confectioners/powdered sugar
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp milk
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix and toss the grated butter into the flour mixture, so it's evenly distributed. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour in the heavy cream and fold everything together, trying not to overwork. Press the dough on a lightly floured surface, about 9 inch round and cut in fourths and in half again, you’ll end up with 8 triangle pieces. Place the scones on the baking sheet and brush with heavy cream. Bake for about 18 minutes until slightly brown on top.
- Glaze- whisk together the powdered sugar, cinnamon, milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Drizzle the glaze over the top of the warm scones and serve and let it set before serving.
- Size can vary, depending on how you want to stretch the dough when you press it for thickness. You can make a rectangle or keep it round and cut in squares, rounds or triangles.
- Keep in mind, if you cut into smaller pieces, then you would bake in less time.
- 10 scones- bake for about 15 minutes
- 8 scones- 16-18 minutes
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 12th, 2021 3:27 PM