Really Lemon Muffins
These muffins are lovely fresh and are soft & full of flavour.
Preheat your oven 180c fan oven or gas mark 4. Put 6 muffin cases inside the holes of a muffin tray. Weigh out all your ingredients to make it more easy when combining.
Put 150g plain flour, 110g granulated sugar, 1tsp baking powder & the zest of a lemon into a mixing bowl.
give them a quick mix with a wooden spoon and make a well in the middle.
Add your egg into the well in the middle of the dry ingredients.
Add 50g of melted butter which can be heated in the microwave for short bursts until melted into the well where the egg is.
Add 75ml of milk.
Add 25ml of vegetable oil
Squeeze the juice of a whole lemon in.
Now mix it with a wooden spoon until you get a smooth mixture but don’t over mix it just until it’s all combined.
Your mixture should look like this.
Fill your 6 muffin cases but hold back a bit of the mixture.
Put a good dollop of lemon curd into the middle of each muffin.
Cover the lemon curd with the remaining muffin mix. Now place them in middle of oven for about 19 minutes or until they are golden in colour.
Put them on a wire rack to cool down.
Once cooled you can dust with some icing sugar.
Now get your lips around one as quick as you can with a nice hot drink of your choosing and taste that lovely zingy flavour.
Really Lemon Muffins
- 150g plain flour
- 110g granulated sugar
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1 lemon zest & juice
- 1 egg
- 50g melted butter
- 25ml vegetable oil
- 75ml milk
- lemon curd
- icing sugar for dusting
- Heat oven 180c fan oven or gas mark 4
- put 6 muffin cases into your muffin tray.
- Put the plain flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, lemon zest in a bowl. Mix Them altogether. Make a well in the centre.
- Add the egg, milk, oil, butter and juice of the lemon into the well and mix with a wooden spoon until combined but don’t over mix.
- Put mixture into each muffin case but hold some back for after.
- put a dollop lemon curd into the centre of each muffin.
- muse the remaining mixture to cover the lemon curd.
- place in middle of oven for 19 minutes until golden.
- place on a wire rack to cool.
- dust with icing sugar and enjoy.