Guilt-Free Blueberry Muffins
These Guilt-Free Blueberry Muffins are nutritious and full of blueberry flavor plus they’re easy to make. No special equipment required!
My love for Blueberry muffins run deep. No other muffin holds a candle to the blueberry muffin. That being said, if I want to continue to fit into my pants, I can’t eat them everyday. Enter these guilt-free blueberry muffins, aka Monday through Thursday muffins. I rely on these to give me my blueberry muffin fix during the week.. weekends are for being bad 😉 lol
The main ingredients in these bad boys are super ripe bananas, greek yogurt, rolled oats, eggs, blueberries and a little cinnamon to tie it all together. Now the cool part of this recipe is that you don’t need any mixing bowls. Just throw everything into a blender or food processor. Blitz till fairly smooth and that’s it!! The batter will be a little runny so make sure to spray your muffin tins liberally with cooking spray or line them with cupcake liners. Also don’t worry about over filling the tins. These muffins don’t exactly rise much.. the batter will make exactly 12 muffins.
These guilt-free blueberry muffins are damn good tasty, if I do say so myself, but let’s be real. I call these Monday through Thursday muffins for a reason. Don’t expect crumbly cuz thats not what this is. Expect to be satisfied though. These babies keep you full for a long time. To know me is to know that I can eat quite a lot but these muffins keep me full. Usually I’m good after one muffin…After running, I’ve inhaled two and felt great till my next meal.
These guilt-free blueberry muffins are perfect for busy weekday mornings, before or after workouts or just as a snack. Now when the weekend comes treat yourself to the real thing and make my Lazy Blueberry Oatmeal Streusel Loaf for the ultimate “sleep in Saturday morning” vibe. Its all about balance;-)
Editors note: original post published Aug. 8, 2020
Guilt-Free Blueberry Muffins
- 1 cup greek yogurt (full fat or 2%)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1 generous tsp of vanilla extract
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (light or dark)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2-3/4 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 400°F
- Liberally spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray
- Add the greek yogurt, bananas, eggs, vanilla, oats, salt, brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and about 2-3 tbsp of the blueberries to a food processor or blender and blend till fairly smooth.
- Pour the batter evenly into the muffin pan and top each one with a few blueberries
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until they are golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. let them cool for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pan.
- This batter is rather wet and will stick so liberally spray your muffin pan with cooking spray