Keto Carrot Cake
Another great recipe for those of you on the Keto diet or following a low carb lifestyle. Whatever your reasons for following this sort of diet, you don't have to give up the sheer enjoyment that can be felt from having a good old piece of cake!
This recipe is deliciously sweet without tasting artificial like so many other low carb cakes can as it takes so much sweetness from the carrots and coconut. Great if you want to up your healthy fats and keep your carbs low, this cake can be enjoyed as an afternoon snack with a cup of coffee, a dessert or even a breakfast snack!
Delicious golden carrot cake, laced with delicious coconut pieces and chopped pecans!
Melted butter is beaten with eggs, vanilla essence and sweetener.
Then all of the other ingredients are simply thrown in together, making this a super quick recipe to prepare!
Spread evenly into a lined baking tin and bake until golden.
Keto Carrot Cake
- 5 eggs
- 200g (7oz) butter
- 3 tbsp granulated sweetener
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 300g (3 cups) grated carrots
- 50g (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- 50g (1/2 cup) desiccated coconut
- 150g (1 1/2 cups) almond flour/ground almonds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground mixed spice
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat your oven to 180C/350F.
- Place the butter in a large glass bowl and set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Stir the butter until fully melted and remove from the heat.
- Add the eggs, sweetener and the vanilla essence to the bowl and beat well until incorporated.
- Add the carrots coconut, pecans, almond flour and spices to the bowl and mix really well.
- Grease and line a baking tin with parchment and pour the mixture into the tin.
- Bake in the centre of your preheated oven for 40-50 minutes or until it is fully cooked and you can stick a fork in the middle and it comes out clean.