Carrot Snack Cake
Now that spring is upon us, I'm fully transitioning my diet to carrot everything. Carrot cakes, carrot cupcakes, carrot muffins, carrot cake rolls (can you tell I love carrot lol). This carrot snack cake makes 2 8x8 pans so you can share with your loved ones, especially as Easter is coming so soon!! It's incredibly rich in flavor and spices, has a super moist crumb and pairs BEAUTIFULLY with a velvety vanilla bean cream cheese frosting. It's filled with walnuts: one of my favorite additions because it adds that satisfying texture to this cake. Even if you don't like carrot cake, no doubt this will totally convert you. Happy baking!
Carrot Snack Cake
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 tsp ginger
- 3 cups freshly grated carrots
- Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line 2, 8x8 baking pans with parchment paper and grease with baking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the granulated sugar, vegetable oil, butter, maple syrup and eggs and mix until well combined, 2-3 minutes. Add the vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- In a separate medium mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and ginger. Add to the wet ingredient mixture and incorporate them together using a spatula. Add the carrots and mix again until just combined. Add walnuts and fold them in.
- Transfer and divide between the prepared pans. Bake for approximately 40 to 45 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow the snack cake to cool in the pan for 15 minutes after finished baking and transfer to a baking rack to cool completely before serving.