Easy Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos
Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos are an easy, healthy recipe to add into your weekly night meals. Sheet pan peppers, Portobello mushrooms, onions, and so much more, all baked together on one pan for a simple to make meal. These 30 minute sheet pan tacos are vegan, can be made gluten free and so tasty!
Everyone knows we love a good taco night in this house! Actually, any type of Mexican cuisine makes us the happiest.
I love that you can basically at any about to go bad veggie in a pan, load it up with some beans and shove it inside or on top of a tortilla.
I also absolutely love a good sheet pan meal. If you follow me, you probably I hate when there are multiple dishes and steps when it comes to cooking. I enjoy simple and easy dishes. Set and forget it type of meals.
So, no brainer I paired these together to make a delicious, simple meal! Sheet pan vegan black bean tacos are such a tasty, low calorie, high protein easy weeknight meal.
What Makes These Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos So Irresistible?
Easy – I love anything easy. Period. For any single meal I eat. But I really love an easy one for dinner. This is a true set it and forget it meal. You barely have to touch the tray once you pop it in the oven.
Protein Packed- The added beans make this dish so filling! You can even add more beans, meatless crumbles, and tofu for extra protein. These tacos will keep you full for hours because nothing is worse than going to be hungry.
Plant Based & Gluten Free- These Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos can be made gluten free (just make sure to check your seasonings and tortilla) and full of veggies. This recipe can truly be processed-free if you use homemade tortilla or omit them completely.
Ingredients for Sheet Pan Meal:
To make this sheet pan taco recipe, you will need the following: black beans, 1 Portobello cap, green pepper, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, jalapeno, red onion, tomato, cilantro, avocado, lime, .
You will also need a tortilla of your choice! My absolute favorite is The Best Tortilla, which you can find on amazon .
See my tips for substitutions!
How To Make Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos:
Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos are so simple to make, and does not require a lot of steps.
First things first is you will need to your sheet pan. This is the I prefer, as a raise edge helps anything from sliding off.
First you will preheat your oven and line your tray with parchment paper or lubricate it well with some oil.
Next, you will get to chopping! This is the only laborious part, I swear. Cut up your mushrooms, peppers, onions, and tomatoes then place them on tray.
Sprinkle on the seasoning, drizzle on approx 1 tsp of olive oil and give them a good mix with your hands or a spatula.
Bake the veggies for approx. 25 minutes, then pour in the black beans so they can warm up. Cook for another 5 minutes and you are done.
Place the veggie filling into your tortilla shells. I garnished mine with avocados and cilantro then squeezed lime on top!
In under 30 minutes you will have a delicious taco dinner!
Frequently Asked Questions and Substitutions
May I only use one type of pepper instead of all four?
You may use just one or two pepper types (eg. green and red) to make things simpler!
May I use Pinto Beans instead of Black Beans?
Absolutely, sub any type of bean at a 1-1 ratio.
May I use white onion instead of red?
Of course! Sub at a 1-1 ratio
May I air fry this instead of baking it?
I have yet to test this out! However, it is very likely you can.
I do not like spicy, what can I use in place of the spicy seasonings?
Simply omit the jalapeno, chili powder and cumin. You can add a citrus flavored seasoning or just enjoy the tacos with the salt and pepper topping.
Easy Vegan Black Bean Sheet Pan Tacos
- 1/2 Cup Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 Portobello Mushroom Cap, sliced (approx 1 cup)
- 1 cup of Peppers (I mixed red, green, yellow and orange), sliced
- 1/2 Jalapeno, sliced
- 1/2 Red Onion (approx 3/4 cup)
- 5 Grape Tomatoes (or 1/2 Roma Tomato)
- 1 Avocado, cut into small chunks
- 2 Tbsp of Cilantro, chopped (optional)
- 1 Tsp of Olive Oil
- Pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Cumin
- Tortilla Shell of your choice
- Lime slices (optional)
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and place parchment paper on a baking tray, or lubricate it well with olive oil.
- Cut your vegetables. (see tip*)
- Place your tomatoes, onions, peppers, and mushrooms on the sheet pan.
- Drizzle with approx. 1 tsp of olive oil, then sprinkle on the salt, pepper, chili powder and cumin.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Remove tray from oven, place black beans on tray and give a good mix. Place tray back in the oven for 5 more minutes to warm up the beans.
- Remove from oven. Use any tortilla shell you enjoy, add in avocado and then garnish with cilantro. Option to top with lime juice and hot sauce.
- You may store the veggie and bean mix in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- I sliced my peppers fajita style (the long and thin way), but you can cut them any way you want. I also sliced my cherry tomatoes in half. Be careful not to slice too thin, or they will burn when cooking. See my picture above for reference.