I have to admit, I’ve got a soft spot for Taco Bell. Obviously it’s not the healthiest place to eat, so when I am craving a cheesy gordita crunch or a crunchwrap, I like to make my own! Crunchwrap supremes are usually my go to because I typically always have all of the ingredients on hand and they are fairly quick to make. I put a little bit of my own twist on these crunchwraps by using Doritos for the crunch factor instead of tortilla chips or tostadas. So. Dang. Good. The best part is that you can totally customize them based on your preferences!
Assemble the crunchwraps.
Cut or tear a circle out of another tortilla and place on top before folding.
Fold it up.
Fry the crunchwrap.
- 1 lb of taco meat, cooked and prepared
- 8 tortillas
- 1 can of pinto or black beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 12 Nacho cheese Dorito chips
- 1 cup of shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup queso
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Microwave tortillas for 10 seconds to make them easier to assemble.
- In the center of the tortillas, place a couple spoonfuls of taco meat and beans.
- Top each with shredded cheese and two Doritos.
- Then add lettuce, salsa, and queso.
- To make sure the contents don’t fall out while folding and frying, cut or tear a circle out of another tortilla and place on top of the queso.
- Starting at the bottom, fold the edge of the bigger tortilla up and over the toppings, going all the way around the tortilla until everything is covered. Seal the corners with some additional queso to make sure it holds in place.
- In a skillet over medium heat, add the oil and fry the crunchwrap folded side down until golden brown. Then flip and cook the other side until crispy!