Savory Quick Bread
1 hr 5 min
Whether you just need a quick loaf of bread for that pot of soup tonight or are looking to put together some food gifts, this Herb Quick Bread fills both of those needs. This Savory Quick bread is flavored with herbs and cheese.
What is Quick Bread?
Quick Breads are bread loaves, muffins, biscuits, and the like that are leavened with chemical leavening agents like baking soda and baking powder instead of yeast. By using baking soda and baking powder, the need to work the yeast through kneading, resting, and rising is eliminated, hence the ‘quick’ nature of the baked goods.
A loaf of this Savory Quick Bread flavored with dill and cheddar cheese paired perfectly with a bowl of our Hearty Beef Soup this past week.
Savory Quick Bread
- 3 cups sifted, all-purpose flour (see notes for sifting suggestions)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons fresh or 1 1/2 tablespoons dried herbs (see notes for herb suggestions)
- 1 bottle of beer (can be non-alcoholic beer)
- 4 ounces shredded cheese (see notes for cheese suggestions)
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease, butter or spray 9" by 5" loaf pan.
- Mix sifted flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Add herbs to the flour mix
- Add a bottle of beer and shredded cheese and mix until just combined.
- Place batter in the prepared loaf pan and drizzle the butter over the top.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a tester comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes before removing the bread.
- Pop over to the post to see how to make this a great food gift and download the tags to attach to your gift.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 10th, 2020 8:32 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!
Load more comments
3 of 7 comments
which herbs exactly? and where are the notes?
Where are notes