Always I prefer to bake large batches of gluten free cookies or biscuits and store it in an airtight container for several days. This recipe is quite easy and requires minimal ingredients. So Whenever we travel or go for a short trip these homemade biscuits are life savers for us. My daughter just love to munch these homemade biscuits at any time of the day.
Ragi Jaggery Biscuit
It's an amazing snack for any age group and can be munched in between meals or when ever hungry. These Ragi biscuits are packed with lots of essential nutrients and are crumbly in texture. As with a cup of hot coffee.
Let's check out the Ingredients & recipe to make this delicious looking Ragi Jaggery Biscuit.
If you like the recipe then please comment below, I would love to read your thoughts!!!
Ragi Jaggery Biscuit
- 1/2 Cup Dry roasted Ragi flour
- 1/2 Cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup jaggery powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cardamom powder
- A generous pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl add unsalted butter, whisk it well untill it's light pale in colour.
- Then add jaggery powder & Vanilla essence, whisk until the texture is fluffy.
- Now to the same bowl sieve ragi flour, whole wheat flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add cardamom powder, using a spatula combine all together and make a dough.
- Keep this cookie dough in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, grease baking tray with butter or line the baking tray with baking paper.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Make small round of the cookie dough mixture and gently press it in between your palm and give it a cookie shape.
- Keep all the Cookies on the baking tray at equal distance.
- Bake cookies in preheated oven at 180 degree celsius for 20 minutes. Once baked, cool down completely.
- Keep all the Cookies in a airtight container once cooled.
- Enjoy homemade Cookie with a glass of warm Milk, Tea or coffee.
- I have used less jaggery powder, if you want more sweeter than add 1/2 cup jaggery powder.
- Don't knead the cookie mixture like a roti dough just combine it all together using a spatula.
- Refrigerate the cookie dough atleast for 15 minutes as it makes cookies Soft.
- Once baked cool down the cookies completely.