Best Banana Bread Ever
How many times have you had over ripe bananas sitting on the counter with the intention of making banana bread? I can tell you I’ve done that multiple times and then ended up having to throw them away because I never got around to making it. Don’t be so quick to throw them away this time because I’m going to share a super moist banana bread recipe that’s perfect for using very over ripe bananas. You want the bananas to have a good amount of browning, not only brown speckles.
I really believe the secret to a great banana bread is using very ripe bananas and yogurt, in this case, lebneh. If you’ve never heard or tried lebneh, I recommend you give it a try, it’s super yummy. Lebneh is a strained yogurt that’s had most of the whey removed. The end result is a thicker consistency than regular unstrained yogurt. It is also slightly tangier than regular yogurt but when combined with the sweetness of the bananas it creates a perfect combination. The other great things about this recipe is that it’s easy and you only require a bowl, a fork or potato masher to mix everything.
In this recipe, I also used pecans but you can substitute and use any other nut you prefer or not use nuts at all.
If you’d like to see more of what I love to do please visit me on IG at https://www.instagram.com/mycreativekneads/
Best Banana Bread Ever
- 3 over ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup melted unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup lebneh
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 to 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup bakers sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Melt the butter and place in a bowl.
- Add the bananas to the melted butter and using a potato masher or fork, mash the bananas until there are no lumps and they are well incorporated into the butter.
- Add the eggs, vanilla and lebneh and mix well until all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the butter and egg mixture and using a spatula, mix until you see no dry bits.
- Add the nuts and mix well.
- Prepare a loaf pan using coconut oil or oil of choice and pour the batter into the pan.
- In a 350° F preheated oven bake the bread for approximately 45 to 60 minutes. If the crust browns too much before the interior is finished, lightly tent aluminum foil over it and bake until a tooth pick comes out clean when poked in the center of the bread. Enjoy!
- If you don’t have white sugar, I’ve used brown sugar and the flavor is delicious.