An avocado milkshake is one of those drinks that I will always love. It is so creamy and delicious. I grew up drinking this and I always thought this was the only way to eat avocados. It was not much later until my teen years that I heard of people eating avocados in salad. And, it was not until my late 20’s that avocados became super popular. Nowadays, avocados are everywhere and most people are used to consuming this fruit.
Avocado shakes are very popular in Vietnamese culture and since I am part Vietnamese, this is how I was introduced to this amazing drink. And, there is nothing better to cool you down on a hot day then this. All you need are avocados, milk, ice and sweetened condensed milk or sugar. You can make it thick or thinner depending on how you like your shakes. Personally, I prefer it super thick. So thick that I can eat and scoop it with a soup. You can also freeze this exact recipe in popsicle molds and make popsicles. They are equally as delicious.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2-3 cups milk, cows milk or non dairy alternative is fine
- 5 tbsps sweetened condensed milk, or more to taste
- Ice, 1-2 cups depending on how icy you like your shakes
- Slice avocados in half, remove the seed and scoop into a blender. Add in ice, milk and sweetened condensed milk.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy. If you like your shakes super thick then you will need to stir and move it a little with a spoon to ensure it all blends evenly.