a bowl of Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad
Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad
This Crunchy Kale Parmesan Salad is so easy to make with only 4 ingredients and so delicious! The fresh lemon juice and olive oil in this salad soften the kale and brighten up this hearty vegetable. This salad will make the perfect side dish for a summer BBQ, picnic, or dinner. If you are unsure of kale, this is a great recipe to break you in. I’m sure you have heard by now that kale is good for you. Raw kale is packed with vitamins, calcium, and iron to name just a few things. It’s low in calories, and high in protein and fiber. Given its low-calorie content, kale is said to be among the most nutrient-dense foods in existence.
ingredients to make crunchy kale parmesan salad
- 8 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Rinse the kale really well and remove the leaves from the stems. The stems are the most bitter part of kale. Use a salad spinner or paper towels to dry the leaves as best you can. Chop the kale leaves into small pieces. The smaller pieces help the salad be less tough and easier to eat.
- Zest the lemon and then juice it. You will use all of the zest and all of the juice. Add the kale, lemon juice, lemon zest, olive oil, and parmesan cheese to a large mixing bowl.
- Toss everything together until the kale is coated and everything is combined. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour, 3-4 hours is best.
- Store leftover salad covered in the fridge. It will last 2-3 days.
- This salad can be made a day in advance of an event or party.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go