Double Chocolate Olive Oil Muffins
Super easy muffins you can whip up in half an hour or less
As much as I love a baking project that requires time and dedication (looking at you croissants) sometimes all I want is some chocolatey hit and I want it fast!
This recipe (adapted from also the crumbs please )is perfect for those times, it is super fast and easy to put together. No special mixing method. Just mix all your dry ingredients in one bowl and your wet in another and combine…bam! warm chocolate muffins in less than half an hour.
I used olive oil in place of vegetable oil or butter to make it a little bit more nutritious, I also really like the combination of olive and chocolate flavours.
Because I like my baked goods less sweet, I have reduced the amount of sugar and chocolate chips but feel free to adjust to your liking.
This is also a really versatile base chocolate muffin base, you can add nuts, fruits or any other additions you may like. Don’t like olive oil? swap for neutral oil or maybe browned butter? (mmm) add as little or much chocolate chips as you want, or go for chopped chocolate. So many possibilities!
I do hope you try it! if you do please tag me @dessertsforlunch on instagram :)
- 12 muffins
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Line and grease a 12 hole muffin pan. Pre heat oven to 220 degrees C (428F)
- Sift flour, cocoa powder and salt into a large bowl. Add sugar and/or sweetener, use a hand whisk to stir it quickly so they’re all mixed together. This is your dry ingredients.
- Mix all the wet ingredients into a different bowl, stir until they’re more or less incorporated.
- Tip the wet ingredients mixture into the dry ingredients, use a mixing spoon or spatula to stir it together until just combined. Do not overmix.
- Fold in half of the chocolate chips into the batter
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin holes.
- Scatter the rest of the chocolate chips on top of each muffin batter.
- Bake at 220 degrees C (428F) for 5 minutes then turn it down to 175 degrees C (347F) bake for another 10-15 minutes or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Enjoy warm :) best stored in an airtight container at room temperature (for around 3 days) or frozen. Refrigeration tends to dry it out.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go