When your next sweet treat craving takes hold, try one of these Delectable Dates - rather than reaching for refined sugary treats - often with suspicious unnatural ingredients and encased in plastic wrappers.
There’s also loads of healthy energy snacks and treaties available these days in health food stores and good supermarkets - but they cost a small fortune! Save your pennies, and do the planet a favour - make a batch of these little beauties for a fraction of the cost, and reduce your consumption of plastic packaging!
Sharing is caring. Boxed beautifully, these make a deliciously thoughtful handmade gift for a special someone.
- 10 Portions
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- Carefully slice down one side of the date lengthways and remove the pit to create a little shell.
- Spoon one level teaspoon of nut butter into each date.
- For ease and speed, melt the dark chocolate in the microwave.
- Drizzle the dark chocolate over the top of each date, to encase and seal the oozy nut butter into place.
- Crush the pistachio nut kernels and dust each date with a little pistachio crumb.
- For a final fancy flourish (…and this is completely optional!) sprinkle your delectable dates with rose confetti.
- This step is the hardest, you’ll need to resist the temptation to sample your creations, and allow your little beauties to set in the fridge for approximately 30 minutes.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go