Sticky Garlic and Soy Tofu, With Egg Fried Rice
Sunday funday! Time to finish your weekend with a spicy bang! And this dish is the perfect way to do so! What a perfect way to enjoy your weekend and treat yourself with the tastes of a takeaway, but all from the comfort of your own home! This tangy and tasty fakeaway is not only better for your pockets but for your bellies as well.
I have never cooked tofu before, and although it was quite a lengthy procedure baking it, its something I cannot wait to experiment with more in the future. Cooked correctly it has a great meaty texture which is great for a vegetarian dish. The sticky soy marinade combines perfectly with the tofu giving it a lovely texture.
Served with some classic egg fried rice, you simply cannot go wrong with this dish! The sticky sauce is soaked up with the rice to set off all excitement in your bellies.
- 4 servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 1 Hours|Total time: 1 Hours 15 Minutes
What you’ll need for your tofu...
For your egg fried rice
For the tofu...
- First you need to drain you tofu in between two pieces of towel for approx. 15/20 minutes.
- In a bowl add 2 tbsp corn flour, black pepper, garlic granules. Cut into small pieces, lightly cover with olive oil and cover lightly with mixture. Bake for 15 mins on baking parchment. Then take off the parchment flip and cook for a further 15 mins.
- Soften your onions, and add all your other ingredients in a bowl. When your tofu is baked add the liquid mix into the pan and cook until it thickens. Take off the heat and mix your tofu through it!
For your egg fried rice..
- Cook your brown rice. When its nearly complete crack your eggs into a bowl and beat.
- Heat a large frying pan and add your eggs. Cook as if you would make scrambled eggs, but take them off the heat before they get too hard. Meanwhile add your peas and corn to your rice pan and cook for a few minutes.
- Drain your rice and peas and add to the egg in the frying pan. Now add in your spring onion and combine all the mixture together. Add some salt and pepper and serve.
- Make sure your don't over cook your egg, as it still continues to cook with the rice at the end.
- The baking process takes time for your tofu. Ensure you get as much water out of the tofu as possible before you begin.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go