This rich chilli con carne tastes great served with white rice and shredded mozzarella.
Meat Feast Chilli Con Carne
This has got to be the richest, most indulgent, naughty chilli con carne you will ever taste.
A medley of different flavourful meats, including rich pork sausages, smoky chorizo and beef mince, all cooked down in red wine to bring out the flavours and then sweetened at the end with dark chocolate.
First, the oils of the smoked chorizo are released in the pan to cook everything else in.
Then, onions and peppers are gently cooked until soft and golden.
The rest of the meat is added and takes on the flavour of the chorizo.
The rest of the ingredients cook down slowly for an hour, before sweet dark chocolate is melted in at the end.
- 6 Servings
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 2 Hours|Total time: 2 Hours 15 Minutes
- Heat a large, heavy based saucepan until hot and add the diced chorizo. Cook for 2 minutes until the jucies start to release from the chorizo.
- Add the onion and red pepper and stir fry for 5 minutes until the onion and pepper have softened.
- Add the beef mince and sausage meat and cook for 5 minutes until browned, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon.
- Add the dry spices and stir well, then add the lid and reduce the heat to low. Leave to simmer for 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add the red wine and leave to simmer until it has almost evaporated.
- Add the passata, kidney beans and a good pinch of salt, then bring to a boil.
- Add the lid, then reduce the heat to low and simmer, covered for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add the chocolate and stir through, return the lid to the pan and simmer for another 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, topped with the shredded mozzarella.
- This chilli is perfect for freezing individual portions for a later date.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go