Weekends were made for homemade waffles. It’s a wonderful feeling to wake up and not have to rush to work and have time to make homemade waffles from scratch. Learn how to make Oreo waffles in a waffle iron with this simple waffle recipe. Similar to regular waffles, this easy breakfast idea is made using real crushed Oreos as an added bonus for a delicious treat.
Easy Oreo Waffles Recipe: Chocolate Dessert Waffles
Learn how to make Oreo waffles in a waffle iron for a fun twist on this classic breakfast recipe. Both kids and adults will love this easy recipe that can be made either from scratch or with pancake mix. This fun breakfast idea also makes delicious chocolate dessert waffles that are perfect for brunch or a special occasion. Not only is it kid-approved, it’s sure to become a family favorite.
Need to save time? You can also make my Oreo waffles with pancake mix to hasten prep time. In addition, as these Oreo waffles freeze well, you can make a double batch on the weekend when you have time. Then freeze them for busy weekday mornings.
While regular homemade waffles are delicious, especially topped with fresh fruit, these Oreo waffles are a fun variation on a classic waffle recipe. They are crisp on the outside with a light and fluffy inside. I added real crushed Oreos to my waffles for a fun treat.
These chocolate waffles are perfect both as a breakfast treat, bunch or a dessert waffle. Make mini waffles and add fruit toppings for a delicious and fun dessert after dinner.
Get tips for making waffles, learn how to freeze waffles and discover how to make waffles without a waffle iron here.
- 10 waffes
- Prep time: 5 Minutes|Cook time: 20 Minutes|Total time: 25 Minutes
- Bring the egg and milk to room temperature before getting started.
- Measure out the other ingredients, and sift the flour.
- Now whisk the egg, vegetable oil, whole milk and vanilla extract together in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Next, add the crushed oreo cookie crumbs. Mix roughly, taking care not to over stir the mixture.
- Spoon ¼ cup of waffle batter into preheated waffle iron.
- Then cook the waffles for about 5 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve the waffles with the sprinkle of sugar or your favorite waffle toppings.
- To make these Oreo waffles with pancake mix, follow the directions on the box of pancake mix. If directions are not available combine 2 cups pancake mix with 1 ½ cup water, 1 egg and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil. Then add the crushed Oreos before cooking.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go