Crispy Chicken Thighs & Rice
I love this recipe because the rice soaks up all the flavors from the chicken while cooking. The result is truly amazing!
This dish only requires one deep cast iron or ceramic pan which makes it so convenient. It is also full of protein and fiber!
These chicken thighs are so juicy, full of flavor, with the crispiest skin. I paired it with a crunchy lime vinaigrette salad but any salad or veggie would do.
There are so many variations of chicken and rice but this is one of my all time favorites. It is perfect for meal prepping, lunch, or dinner because you can make 5 servings at once!
For more delicious recipes, check out my Instagram @tikofoods
- 5 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 60 Minutes|Total time: 1 Hours 10 Minutes
- Preheat oven to 400 F
- Season chicken thighs with paprika, dried parsley, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- Heat a pan on low with ghee or butter and add 1 sliced red onion
- Sauté very slowly on low heat and season with salt and pepper
- Once they are almost done (at least 15-20 minutes) add a minced clove of garlic and quickly sauté
- Take off heat and set aside.
- While the pan is still hot, add the chicken thighs skin down and quickly brown the skin
- Flip and brown the other side- Do not cook through! Just brown the chicken.
- Using an oven safe dish (or the same cast iron pan), add the sautéed onions, rice, chicken stock, then mix together
- Add the chicken to the rice with the skin side up then place in the oven for 35-40 minutes
- Garnish with parsley and serve
- For extra crispy skin, broil on high at the end for 3 minutes
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go