Adobo Drumsticks & Rice
I love chicken and rice dishes because there are so many variations that all taste incredibly different.
This one pan recipe takes about 30 minutes to make with minimal ingredients and steps! The flavor from the adobo chicken gets soaked up by the rice and the result is delicious.
Adobo seasoning is made up of garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, salt, pepper, and some
other commonly used spices. It goes great on meat, fish, veggies, and more!
I love making this dish when I am serving multiple people and/or in a hurry! Even though it is a simple recipe, the taste will have people think otherwise.
Check out my instagram @tikofoods for more recipes!
- 4 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
- Heat oil in a pan on medium.
- Pat the chicken drumsticks dry then season with 2 tbsp adobo seasoning, 2 tbsp paprika, salt, pepper, and fresh lemon juice (1/2 lemon). Use more seasoning if needed.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken to the pan to brown the sides. Do not fully cook, just crisp the skin until golden brown then remove chicken from the pan.
- Using the same pan, add 2 tbsp of butter and mix around the pan to scrape up the fond.
- Add 1 sliced white onion and 2 minced garlic cloves to the pan and sauté on low heat.
- Add 2 cups of your rinsed basmati rice, 4 cups of chicken stock, and all the same seasonings used on the chicken.
- Bring to a boil then add the chicken drumsticks back into the pan.
- Cover the pan then let it simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Garnish with roughly chopped parsley and sliced lemon.
- fresh cilantro and oregeno are also delicious used as a garnish
- if you like you chicken extra crispy like me, make this in a cast iron pan so that you can broil this dish for 3-4 minutes in the oven at the end
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go