Stuffed peppers, or stuffed veggies generally, are a perfect solution for when you don't really have anything at home but yet you need to clean out the fridge before bringing in more groceries. I don't know about you, but I feel that "clean out the fridge" meals are often the nicest and most creative of all.
So here's a particularly strange combination that actually ended up working beautifully. I boiled some orzo pasta and added in a handful of leftover ingredients that I had in the fridge - mushrooms, feta cheese, coriander, olives, and tomatoes. Seasoned with salt and pepper and stuffed into pre-roasted peppers. The whole thing took maybe 10 minutes and it was super filling and delicious!
If you like my content you can check here for more!
- 2 bell peppers
- 100g orzo pasta
- 100g mushrooms
- 50g green olives
- 50g cherry tomatoes
- 50g feta cheese
- bunch of fresh coriander
- olive oil, salt, pepper
- Cut the peppers in half and remove the seeds. Drizzle with olive oil, season, and place in an oven preheated to 120 celsius (250 fahrenheit) for about 10 minutes, while you cook the pasta
- Cook the pasta according to instructions on the package
- Slice up the remaining ingredients
- Drain the pasta and add sliced mushrooms to it - place back on medium-low heat so that the mushrooms cook through
- Take off heat and add the remaining ingredients. Season, stuff into peppers, serve.