1 hr 15 min
Which cuisine do you not ever get tired of? Mine is definitely Mediterranean. Back in college, there was a Mediterranean restaurant in our dining hall and I went every single day. One of the workers had an official goodbye for me when I graduated! I was their most loyal customer!! All that is to say- I know a good falafel from a bad one. I've tried plenty of mushy, bland falafels. The best falafels are full of flavor and crispy!
This falafel recipe works best with a food processor, but a high speed blender will also work. All the effort is really in the waiting for these delicious falafels to be done!
- 1 cup dried chickpeas
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 3/4 bunch parsley
- 3/4 bunch cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cardamom
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp flour (any kind works- all purpose, whole wheat, etc.)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- Soak the chickpeas in water overnight.
- Run everything (besides the flour and baking soda) in your food processor until it resembles course sand.
- Transfer to a bowl, stir in the flour & baking soda, and let it sit covered in the refrigerator for 1 hr.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to form falafel balls.
- Spray with olive oil to air fry at 375° for 15 min or until golden brown.
Published July 31st, 2021 2:52 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!