Pulled chicken 🍗
This is one of the better things I made recently. I’m glad I’ve decided to mix chicken breast and thighs because thighs are my favorite part. There’s so much more moist and flavor in them. This is really easy to prepare. When it’s cooked, take two forks and shred the meat. It will fall apart easily. Season to taste and enjoy it in many forms and combinations.
I’ve made quite a big batch of it. Serve it inside some good burger buns together with some sour condiments. That’s what I did. You can eat it with pasta, some beans, in a sandwich or whatever. I love eating it as a taco filling or one of my favorite ways that can be seen in the photos, its majesty - the burger! It’s amazingly delicious!
- 500 grams deboned chicken thighs + breast (1 lbs)
- 1 onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup passata
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 chili pepper
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Cut chicken into equal bigger pieces. Sear the meat in a skillet on a high heat.
- Set the meat aside and saute one finely diced onion in the same skillet. Add minced garlic and chili pepper.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing all the liquid ingredients together. Add it to onions and garlic and simmer for a couple of minutes. Add the chicken back in and cook for about 45 minutes on medium to low heat. Add some water during the process if needed.
- When the meat is done, shreas the meat by using two forks, it will fall apart easily. Season to taste.