Baked Chicken Strips
I wanted to try to make some crispy chicken strips without the oil frying. This seemed to work well they stayed crispy but tender also. I added seasonings to give the coating some flavor. The grandchildren said they were a hit and my grandchildren are very fussy eaters. I used baking mix and some Italian bread crumbs for the starter base and then began adding in the seasonings. I used onion powder, garlic powder and seasoning salt and lots of black pepper, crushed. I begin by cutting the boneless, skinless chicken breasts into strips. Then I make an egg and milk wet base and mixed all the dry ingredients together and dipped from the egg mix to the dry mix and I repeat again to give it an extra crispy crunch. I line them onto a parchment and greased lined baking pan. I bake them for approximately 30 minutes give or take depending on your oven. They come out perfectly crunchy and tender.
I serve them with a side of barbecue sauce.
And a salad.
The chicken breast cut into strips. I usually do this when they are still partially frozen. They seem to cut much better.
My egg and milk mixture.
Mix the baking mix and bread crumbs together,
My dredging station.
Dry the chicken and then drop into the egg mixture.
And then into the dry mixture and place on baking pan. Bake and serve.
Baked Chicken Strips
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 c milk
- 1 c Baking mix
- 3/4 c Italian bread crumbs
- 1 t seasoning salt
- 1 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t onion powder
- Pepper to taste
- 4 Medium boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips.
- Beat the eggs with a fork.
- Add milk and whisk together.
- Mix all ingredients together.
To assemble and bake the chicken strips
- Heat the oven to 375 degrees
- Line a baking pan with parchment and spray with some baking spray.
- Cut the chicken into strips.
- Drop the strips individually into the wet mixture and then the dry mixture and coat.
- Repeat as above.
- Place onto baking pan and bake for approximately 30 minutes or until golden on each side. Flip halfway through.
- Serve while warm with your choice of sides.
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!