If you're as obsessed with avocados as much as we are, then this holy guacamole recipe is definitely for you. I love avocados and I try to add them in most of my recipes as they're packed with healthy fats and are super delicious. I usually add them whole or in the form of guacamole. What's so wonderful about guacamole is that it's so easy and quick to make. you can store it for up to two days in an air tight container in the fridge. However, it's always best to have it fresh.
This guacamole here was added as sauce on top of vegan chickpea burgers and they were phenomenal.
Let me know how you like this recipe in the comments section below
You can use a potato masher to mash the avocado or you can use your hands
I like to chop all the veggies really fine but you can go with coarse chunks if you like it that way
- Olive oil
- 1 lemon or lime juiced
- 3 ripe avocados, mashed
- 3 tomatoes, finely diced
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, finely chopped
- 3 shoots green onion, finely chopped
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- Chop all the vegetables into small, fine chunks
- Cut avocado in halves and remove the pits
- Mash the avocado using a potato masher, a fork or your hands
- Add avocado and veggie in a salad bowl
- Add olive oil, lemon or lime juice, salt and pepper to taste
- Mix all the ingredients well and adjust the salt and citrus to your liking
- Make sure the avocados are very soft and ripe before mashing them. If your avocados aren't ripe, leave them outside the fridge next to some banana overnight and they will become softer the following day.