I don’t know about you, but I love granola on my yogurt for crunch. I make my own because we’re a nut free house and this way I can control the ingredients to keep it healthy. I mix up my recipe and add in different bits depending on what’s in my pantry. Sometimes I add dried cranberries, raisins or even chocolate chips. This batch was beyond delicious because I used both maple syrup infused with cinnamon and cloves and I added wildflower honey infused with turmeric. These additional flavours took my granola to a whole new level of flavour. The granola keeps in a tightly sealed jar for a few weeks.
Nut Free Granola
Nut Free Granola
- * 4 cups oats (large gluten free oats)
- * ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- * ½ cup sunflower seeds
- * ½ cup flax seeds
- * ½ cup chia seeds
- * ½ cup dried cranberries
- * ½ cup honey (plain or flavored) – if you can get it, I’ve used chocolate honey!
- * ½ cup coconut oil
- * 3 tbsp maple syrup (plain or flavoured)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- * Combine oats, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, cranberries, flax seeds in a large bowl
- * In a saucepan on the stove, melt honey, coconut oil, cinnamon and stir until combined
- * Pour honey, maple mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to coat well
- * Line a sheet pan with parchment and spread oat mixture on the sheet pan and press down
- * Bake for 20 – 25 minutes
- * Let cool * Once cool, you can break it up into pieces or make granola bars out of it
- *you can add chopped nuts to the dry mix if desired.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 29th, 2020 5:54 PM