Creamy Pasta Bake
I don't know about you but I love a good meal prep dinner!
I find it so helpful to have dinner ready to rock and roll after a long day at work that is hearty, healthy and just so delicious. This recipe makes a pretty big batch and keeps well in the fridge for up to 4 days so it is perfect to enjoy all week long.
This creamy pasta bake comes together quickly and is full of vegetables and tender beef. Using simple pantry ingredients makes this dish easy to whip up at any time. Topped with melty cheese makes it oh so delicious.
Hope you enjoy!
Creamy Pasta Bake
- 1 box your favourite pasta (I used penne)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup mushrooms, finely diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp each; salt, pepper, onion powder
- 2 - 650 ml jars of your favorite pasta sauce
- 1 cup herb and garlic cream cheese spread, at room temperature
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cook pasta as per instructions on the box. Strain and set aside.
- In a large pot, brown grown beef over medium high heat until cooked through about 7-8 minutes.. Drain off the fat and set aside.
- To the large pot, add in onion, spinach, bell pepper, mushrooms and oil. Saute over medium high heat until tender, about 7-8 minutes. Add in garlic with 2 minutes left of cooking time.
- Remove from heat and to the cooked vegetables, add in seasonings and pasta sauce. Add in cooked ground beef and give everything a large stir.
- Add in cream cheese and cooked pasta - stir again.
- Once combined, transfer pasta into 9 X 13 oven safe dish. Top with shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes until cheese is melty and bubbly. Enjoy!
Published November 30th, 2021 1:46 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!