Change up your every day oats by adding a savory twist!
Oatmeal is such a delicious and filling breakfast. It is hearty and healthy, with so many variations.
This delicious recipe adds in extra veggies to your first meal of the day, leaving you full and satisfied for hours to come!
As a fan of savory over sweet, I loved this breakfast and cannot wait to try more variations!
Use the ingredients you have on hand and top with eggs. Trust me!
Oats can be used similarly to barley, risotto, and other grains. Think of it as a blank canvas.
For more delicious and nutritious recipes, check out my Instagram @tikofoods
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup veggie or chicken stock
- 1 cup plant based or regular milk
- 1 cup of shredded zucchini
- 1/2 white onion (diced)
- 1 egg
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes to garnish (optional)
- fresh chives to garnish (optional)
- Shred the zucchini then stain it using a cheesecloth to remove the excess liquid
- Dice the onion
- Heat 1 tbsp of ghee or oil in a small pot on medium
- Add the shredded zucchini and diced onion to the pot then season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper
- Sauté for approximately 5 minutes, until the onions are translucent
- Add 1 cup of chicken or veggie stock, 1 cup of milk, and 1 cup of oats then mix it together
- Stir occasionally until all liquid is absorbed
- Once the oats are done, add freshly grated parmesan cheese until you reach your desired cheesy consistency
- Top oats with tomatoes, egg, and arugula
- Garnish with fresh chives, olive oil, chili flakes, more parmesan, salt, and pepper
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 16th, 2020 8:12 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!