Shrimp + Bread + Cheese! Need I say more? My cousin and her hubby shared this loaf of delicious-ness with us at the beach one year and it was an instant favorite. You can add a salad, and make a meal of it. Or you can slice it and serve as an appetizer. The best part? You can make it using your leftover shrimp. Yep, a brand new meal with leftovers. Winner winner, shrimp dinner.
First, rough chop your shrimp. With this batch we had tossed the shrimp in olive oil, salt, pepper and parsley and grilled them. We used about a pound of cooked shrimp.
Next, stir in your mayo, garlic, chopped onion, salt, pepper. The mayo helps bind together the mixture. Then add your cheeses, reserving a little for later, and stir.
Slice your french bread loaf horizontally down the middle, so you have two flat sides of the loaf. Spoon mixture onto the bread and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake approx. 22 minutes at 350. Then broil on low 2-3 minutes or until cheese and bread is toasted. Instant happiness.
- 1 lb. cooked shrimp (Use your leftovers, people! We grilled shrimp using olive oil, parsley, salt & pepper and reserved a pound)
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced down the middle
- 1/3 cup Duke’s mayonnaise
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella + more for topping
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Rough chop your shrimp.
- Stir in mayonnaise, garlic, chopped onion, salt, pepper. Mixture should bind together.
- Add cheeses and stir.
- Spoon onto halved bread.
- Bake approx. 22 minutes at 350.
- Broil on low 2-3 minutes or until cheese and bread is toasted.
- Serve with a salad and make a meal of it, or slice and serve as an appetizer. Yum!