Elegant Smoked Salmon Quiche
What is your favorite dish to brunch with? Whether you’re going out for brunch or entertaining at home, smoked salmon is always a favorite. Elegant Smoked Salmon Quiche combines two brunch classics for an easy and delicious dish.
While this dish instantly makes me think of brunch, I love serving it for a special lunch or light dinner as well. Using a pantry staple this effortless pie is always a family favorite.
Easy as Pie
Elegant Smoked Salmon Quiche truly is easy as pie. With the help of a store-bought pie crust, this dish comes together in less than an hour.
I love quiche. There’s just something about the silky custard of eggs, cream, and milk that makes a great canvas for all sorts of savory flavors. You can load it up for all of the meat lovers in your life or keep it meat free and veggie forward.
This quiche utilizes the rich smoky flavor of smoked salmon as its star. While smoked salmon is always delicious as part of a bagel board or served with canapes, there’s just something extra special when it gets folded into eggs and hugged in a flaky, buttery pie crust.
Because this is an ideal brunch dish, it’s all about treating ourselves and having a luxurious experience. Gruyere cheese adds a nutty, savory component and extra decadence. The light delicate pop of chives offer up an herbaceous note and pop of color.
Quich is equally as delicious right out of the oven or served at room temperature. This is a dish that you can linger over and enjoy while sipping mimosas with family and friends. It’s also equally as delicious the next day…if there are any leftovers that is!
Slicing into Elegant Smoked Salmon Quiche
Skip making reservations and have brunch at home. You’ve made it through the week, so treat yourself!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll your pie dough out into a tart pan.
- Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust. This will prevent the bottom from rising with the filling while it bakes.
- Spread your smoked salmon over the bottom of the crust. Make sure you pick your favorite brand.
- Use your whisk to break the yolks of your eggs and whisk them until smooth. Add your milk, heavy cream, salt and pepper, and chives and whisk until fully combined.
- Pour the custard over the top of the smoked salmon.
- Spread the cheese over the top of the custard.
- Beak for 45 minutes or until golden brown and the eggs are set.
Do you love quiche as much as I do? Make sure you check out my recipe for Trio of Greens and Bacon Quiche.
Elegant Smoked Salmon Quiche
- ▢ 1 pie crust stre-bought
- ▢ 4 oz smoked salmon
- ▢ 5 eggs
- ▢ 1 cup milk
- ▢ 1 cup heavy cream
- ▢ 2 cups Gruyere cheese, grated
- ▢ 2 tbsp chives chopped
- ▢ 1 tsp salt
- ▢ 1/2 tsp black pepper
- ▢ Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- ▢ Roll the pie crust out into a tart pan.
- ▢ Use a fork to poke holes all over the bottom of the crust to prevent the bottom from rising.
- ▢ Spread the salmon onto the bottom of the pie crust.
- ▢ Break the eggs into a bowl. Use a whisk to break the yolks and then whisk them well.
- ▢ Add the milk, heavy cream, salt, pepper, and chives to the eggs and whisk to fully combine.
- ▢ Pour the egg mixture over the smoked salmon.
- ▢ Spread the Gruyere cheese over the top of the egg custard.
- ▢ Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and the eggs are set.
How big should the pan be?
Can I use canned salmon