The perfect healthy alternative to a heavy alfredo sauce. Remember how we felt like cauliflower could become anything — cauliflower pizza crust.. cauliflower rice... Well now I feel the same way about cashews!! I've been buying raw cashews and making my own cashew milk & cashew pasta sauces. It's really one of those ingredients that can become anything!
You can find cashews in the bulk section of Whole Foods. I love this option because you can really adjust to how much you need that day. Walmart also has a great selection of nuts that you can buy. It's only $5 for 10oz, which can make you this sauce AND a batch of cashew milk!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked overnight
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 3/4 - 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt + pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- Soak cashews in 2 cups of water overnight.
- Blend all ingredients in a blender on high.
- Add more almond milk if you want a runnier consistency.