Basil Pesto so easy a kid can do it! And he did! 🌿 Pesto is one of those condiments that is wonderful all year long. It is an amazing way to use up the end of summer basil when it is plentiful. In the summer I will use it to drizzle over salads, make a pasta salad dressing or top grilled fish. But I also crave that freshness in the winter too. During that time I tend to toss it with gnocchi or top a grilled steak with it. It also makes a great dipping sauce for homemade steak fries.
Super green and super delicious.
All of the ingredients ready for the blender.
Drizzled over some home made pizza with sausage and mushrooms.
- 15-20 leaves of basil (or a combo of any soft leaf herb you have)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsps walnuts (or any nut you have on hand, like almond, cashew, pine nuts)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup good olive oil
- Add all of the ingredients, except the oil, into a small chopper (or blender) and pulse until combined.
- Slowly drizzle in the oil until it comes together. (You may need a little more or less depending on the herb you used).
- Scrape the sides and give it one more pulse to combine.
- Some serving suggestions: • mix into ground turkey, along with feta, for non-boring turkey burgers • use as a marinate for chicken or fish • top scrambled eggs with a spoonful • a simple dip for cut up veggies
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published November 19th, 2020 3:25 PM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!