There is nothing better than appetizers. They are my absolute favorite to make (and to eat). And I think that skewered appetizers are perfect for parties because they are singular. No one is sneaking a double dip anywhere, and I feel like you can put just about any combination on a skewer and it will be a hit.
This particular antipasti skewer is one of my favorites partially because it satisfies my salty craving without me waking up with swollen fingers the next day (yes, this happens!!!). I love that you can find marinated mozzarella balls in most grocery stores nowadays. But if you can't seem to find them you can always do one of two things, marinate your own or just use them plain. The skewers will still be delicious.
- 1 large container of marinated mozzarella balls
- 1 log of soppressata, cut into 1/2" chunks
- 1 jar roasted red peppers, cut into small squares
- 1 cup pitted kalamata olives
- The best way to do this is to prepare each ingredient and place them in prep bowls so that you set up a little assembly line for yourself.
- Start by taking a long skewer and skewer the kalamata olive, then soppressata, a piece of the roasted red pepper, one mozzarella ball, another piece of roasted red pepper, soppressata and another kalamata olive to finish it off.
- Continue to skewer until all the ingredients are finished. This recipe feeds a big crowd, so try it for your next big summer bash!