Let me introduce you to one of my all time breakfast favourites! I call it a breakfast pancake, but truth be told it might as well be called a breakfast cake (we just don't want it to sound too indulgent, do we?). Then again, it is a very healthy kind of cake and keeps your belly happy until lunch time.
It's a perfect make ahead breakfast, as it keeps in the fridge for about 4 days and tastes just as good warm as it does cold. Feel free to serve it with a generous amount of your favourite yoghurt or cream and some fresh fruit. And don't forget a cup of coffee!
If you like my content you can check here for more!
- 4 eggs
- 50g (3/4 cup) oats
- 60g (3/4 cup) cornmeal
- 1 grated apple
- 30g (2tbsp) peanut butter
- 15g (1tbsp) honey
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 60ml (1/4 cup) milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g (1/2 cup) frozen berries
- Preheat the oven to 180 celsius (350 fahrenheit)
- Whisk the egg whites for a fluffier effect (optional)
- Mix with the remaining ingredients and transfer the mix into a deep, nonstick pan (30cm/12in diameter) and sprinkle with frozen berries
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Serve as is or with your favourite yoghurt and fresh fruit on top
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published October 22nd, 2020 9:06 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!