Sweet and Spicy Shrimps From the Oven
This is one of my favorite quick lunch or dinner recipes. I used to prepare this recipe with chicken all the time and one day I realised I didn’t have any chicken left in the fridge, but I had shrimps. And thats how I came up with this delicious recipe. Shrimps are a great substitute in this case. In fact, they shouldn’t even be called a substitute.
Chicken or shrimps in this case can be deep fried and that is truly delicious, but I more often decide to roast them in the oven to get a healthier version and avoid all the grease from frying.
There is really not much to do here, there are only a couple of simple steps to this recipe and your lunch will be served in no time.
- 3 servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 25 Minutes|Total time: 35 Minutes
For the sauce
- Prepare all of the necessary ingredients. Clean the shrimps if necessary, and finely mince fresh ginger and garlic.
- Prepare the sauce by mixing 1 teaspoon of honey, 2 tablespoons of ketchup, 100 ml of soy sauce and 1 tablespoon of vinegar. Combine all the ingredients in a small sauce bowl and set it aside.
- To prepare shrimps for coating, you need to whisk the eggs and season them. Season the flour as well. You can use salt and pepper, maybe a little bit of paprika or garlic powder. When seasoning the flour, add a little bit of cornstarch to it. Coat the shrimps in the following order: -> flour -> eggs -> flour Place the shrimps onto a roasting tray covered with parchment paper and drizzle with just a little bit of olive oil.
- Roast them in a preheated oven on 200 degrees Celsius or 400 Fahrenheit for about 15 minutes.
- Cook the rice in the meantime.
- During the last 5 minutes of shrimps roasting in the oven, start preparing the sauce. Shortly cook minced ginger, garlic and chilli flakes with a little bit of sesame oil. Add previously mixed sauce. Cook for 2-3 min and the sauce will start to thicken and become sticky. Your shrimps are done by now and it’s time to add them into the sauce. Make sure they get coated in sauce evenly.
- Serve them over cooked rice and sprinkle with some sesame seeds and scallions.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go