Lamb Koftas With a Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
A little dinner inspiration for you. These are lamb koftas with a cool cucumber yogurt dipping sauce. A nice summer dinner that I served with warm pita, salad and smashed potatoes on the side. I sometimes I serve my koftas on a skewer and make kofta lollipops which is fun for entertaining as well. Either stuffed in a pita or on a skewer, the meat is flavourful and can be prepared on a grill, in a skillet or under the broiler. I opted to use the broiler so as to minimize mess and fat. You might prefer to substitute the minced lamb for beef or chicken. Any option works.
- 8 Pieces
- Prep time: 15 Minutes|Cook time: 15 Minutes|Total time: 30 Minutes
- Grate the onion into the bowl using a standard box grater. Add remaining Kofta ingredients and mix well with your hands.
- * With damp hands, divide the meat into 8 equal pieces and push and shape the meat into a rectangular tube shape. onto 8 skewers.
- Stove: Preheat 1/2 tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook in batches for 5 minutes in total, turning to brown evenly all over.
- BBQ: BBQ on medium high for about 6 minutes, rotating to brown all over.
- * Broiler/oven grill: preheat and cook koftas 30cm/10" from heat source for 12 minutes, rotating as needed until lightly browned (you won't get as good a browning as stove/BBQ).
- Combine the yogurt sauce ingredients and leave in fridge for at least 20 minutes for the flavor to develop.
- Serve with warm pitas and lots of sides like Israeli salad, coleslaw, tabbouleh, hummus, potatoes or rice. If you serve on skewers, soak before cooking koftas on a bbq.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go