Mix all the ingredients!
Broccoli “Cheese” Vegan Veggie Burger
These healthy Broccoli “Cheese” Veggie Burgers are actually Vegan and made with nutritional yeast for all the cheesy flavor without the dairy! A fiber and protein packed patty that’s definitely meal-prep worthy!
I’m currently having a very falafel, veggie burger, falafel burger, basically anything beans/chickpeas + some veggies, seasonings, herbs + patty-shaped + baked.
I’ve made 2 new falafel recipes over the last week and wanted to go for another, but ran out of cilantro. Imagine my sadness!
Since falafel was no longer an option - no way was I going to the store at 10pm - I decided to go for a veggie burger instead.
I’ve always got too much broccoli on hand (definitely my most-eaten veggie) so I just decided to use that. And broccoli and cheese is just a classic, so I was way temped!
But again, had no cheddar, so I just Veganized it instead with some nooch!
Use a plastic lined 1-cup measure for the perfect round patties!
- 8 Servings
- Prep time: 10 Minutes|Cook time: 30 Minutes|Total time: 40 Minutes
- In a small bowl, combine flax seed meal and 6 Tbsp water and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Place broccoli in a bowl and microwave on high for about 1½ minutes until just tender. Set aside to cool.
- Finely chop broccoli, carrots, onions, garlic and jalapeño, or use a food processor.
- Drained and dry chickpeas, add to a large bowl and mash with a fork or potato masher leaving only some large chunks.
- Add vegetables, nutritional yeast, oat flour, mustard, nutritional yeast, oat flour, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and flax eggs, and mix till combined.
- Divide the mixture into 8 parts.
- Line a 1-cup measuring cup with plastic wrap, add a portion of the burger mix and press down to pack. Lift out of cup with lining edge, and transfer to cooking surface. OR Use slightly wet hands and and shape into ¾” thick patties.
- Place on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet and bake at 350°F for 25-30 minutes until lightly browned. OR Heat a skillet or grill over medium, grease well with olive oil or spray and cook burgers for 4-5 minutes each side (8-12 minutes total).
- Make sauce: In a small stir together yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, jalapeño, olive oil and pepper.
- Assemble burger between toasted buns with greens, sauce, onion, tomato, and any desired toppings!
- To replace flax egg: Use Chia Egg (2 Tbsp Chia Seeds + 6 Tbsp Water, let rest for 5 minutes) 2 real Eggs
- To replace Nutritional Yeast, use 1 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- To replace Oat Flour: Use breadcrumbs Process about ½ cup Rolled or Instant Oats in a food processor until it forms a flour-like consistency.
- Make sure chickpeas are completely dried or the burgers wont hold.
- Lightly oil your hands when shaping patties if using hands and they are too dry.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!Go