Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
Two of our favorite foods, buffalo chicken and chicken pot pie. Combine those beauts together and you get Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie. This is comfort food eating to the max! This is not the recipe to make when you want to feel light and airy after the meal. I’m not going to lie, this is not a super heavy meal, but you also do not want to get out of your chain for a little bit either. So take a tip from us, bake this bade boy, get those sweat pants on, and enjoy your dinner.
Personally I am not a blue cheese lady, but please feel free to swap out the ranch for blue cheese if you prefer. I promise you the recipe will not alter too much from the change. Just make sure to do the same that we do with the ranch and whisk it into the cream cheese. However you want to make this ultimate comfort food, do you, boo!
We definitely made this Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie the wrong time of year. But is there really a right time of year for comfort food? Slight warning though, make sure your AC is on before making this. We made the silly mistake of thinking a breeze 80 degree day was cool enough. We were VERY wrong. Our kitchen is small to start but the heat just stayed trapped in there with us melting. Our heat stroke was well worth it; new comfort food classic in our house!
The recipe calls for 1/3 cup of buffalo sauce, and this is the perfect amount. But if you are like us, we added about 1/4 cup more to each of our slices to enjoy! If you are a spice lover like us, go ahead manipulate your broth to buffalo sauce ratio as you desire, guarantee you will be happy.
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Buffalo Chicken Pot Pie
- 3 celery stalks chopped
- 3 carrots peeled and chopped
- ¼ yellow onion chopped
- 2 chicken breasts cooked and shredded
- ⅓ cup buffalo sauce
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1 tbsp ranch dressing
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 pie crust
- 2 tbsp salted butter melted
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Rub chicken with salt, pepper, and a little olive oil and bake for 20 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 160°
- Remove chicken from oven and shred. Set aside
- Chop veggies and set aside with chicken
- In small sauce pan add chicken broth and buffalo sauce and bring to a simmer
- Slowly whisk in ranch dressing and cream cheese. Once a smooth mixture remove from heat
- In a bowl combine buffalo ranch mixture with veggies and chicken and mix well
- Pour buffalo chicken mixture into a pie pan
- Carefully lay the pie crust over the pan and pinch the sides
- Cut a small slice into the crust so steam can escape
- Brush melted butter over the pie crust and bake for 30 minutes
- Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes before serving