You know the feeling when you buy some pesto, open in it and then you have to use it within a few days but you can't? So in that case I thought I could incorporate it into my lunch. This also works if you have a pesto-spice. I used red pesto and combined it with tomatoes and eventually some cream. Of course you can leave the cream out or swap it with creme fraiche, but it enhances the flavour in such a tasty way that I am just to hooked on it. This recipe is super quick and tasty, so give it a try! Enjoy!
- 4 sausages of pork
- 9 small tomatoes or 2 big ones
- 200 g pasta
- 50 g mozzarella
- fresh basil
- 2 teasp red pesto
- 150 ml double cream
- salt and pepper
- Cook pasta
- Remove skin from sausages and cut into small pieces, then fry until cooked
- Chop tomatoes and add to sausages in pan
- add cream and let simmer until thickened
- add pesto, salt and pepper, and cheese; combine
- Add pasta and chopped basil
- Serve with basil as garnish
- Use Creme fraiche instead of cream, potentially add cornstarch to thicken sauce then
- Use chicken instead of sausages
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published September 10th, 2020 12:41 AM
Share your thoughts, or ask a question!