Zucchini Corn Bake
On the never-ending quest to find easy and healthy summer recipes that don’t require me to heat up my oven, I present to you… the Zucchini Corn Bake.
This dish comes together in less than 30 minutes, yet is filled with flavor and some of the best vegetables summer has to offer- Zucchini fresh corn! Mix in some quinoa for some extra nutrition and Keilbasa sausage (if you’ve got a carnivorous husband like mine), and you’ve got yourself a perfect weeknight meal!
This dish is also Gluten and dairy free (if you skip the Feta cheese), so it’s allergen friendly! I hope this dish makes it onto your table soon, and if it does, let me know by dropping a comment below. You can also follow me on Instagram and Pinterest under @theflouredcountertop - thanks for stopping by!
Zucchini Corn Bake
- 1 Yellow or White Onion
- 2 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 1 Zucchini
- 1 Keilbasa Sausage
- 2 cups Cooked Quinoa
- 1 Ear of Corn (may use canned or frozen if you don't have fresh)
- 1 Lemon
- 3/4 cup Chicken Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Feta cheese crumbles, for topping (optional)
- To begin, cut up your vegetables and Sausage. The Onion should be finely diced, and the Zucchini cut into half slices. Coin the sausage, and shave off the corn from the cob. Set them aside.
- In a medium skillet, heat up about a tablespoon of Olive oil in medium heat. Add the diced Onion and Zucchini and heat until the onion becomes translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the 2 Tbsp of Minced Garlic, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Turn your stovetop to Medium low heat, then add the 2 cups of cooked quinoa, along with the Corn. Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon over it, and pour in the 3/4 cup of Chicken Broth. mix together, then cover and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Season with Salt and Pepper. As an optional topping, you can serve with Feta Cheese crumbles. Enjoy!