BLT Fried Egg Bagelwich
This post contains affiliate links.
BLT Fried Egg Bagelwich. Thick cut applewood smoked bacon, peppery arugula, a slice of tomato, creamy avocado, and a schmear of herby cream cheese on an everything bagel and topped with a perfectly cooked fried egg. This bagel sandwich makes for the most delicious breakfast or lunch to enjoy any day of the week.
- Everything bagel
- Dairy-free chive cream cheese, or cream cheese of choice
- Black pepper
How To Make The Best BLT Fried Egg Bagelwich:
- Bagel – Remove some of the inner breading so it’s not so “bready”. (You just want a good bread to filling ratio). You can either remove it by pulling out some of the middle pieces with your fingers, or just trim off a bit from each side with a knife.
- Broil – I toast my bagel in the oven on high broil, because it’s much easier that way. Plus, these big bagels don’t really fit well in a toaster.
- Cream Cheese – Kite Hill is one of the BEST dairy-free brands I have come across. Everything I have tried from them is amazing. So, if you’re in need of a dairy-free cream cheese option, please be sure to check out the one shown below. (FYI: If you want to use a dairy option, just replace it at a 1:1 ratio).
- Egg – You can make this sandwich with a fried, scrambled or poached egg. All options work!
- BLT – Adding these make the sandwich what it is! And don’t forget the avocado! 😉 This sandwich is a little crunchy, smoky, peppery, and creamy all in one bite. It is just too good for words!
And, click here for more delicious Breakfast recipes.
If you make this recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and a star rating on my blog so I know how you liked it. Thanks! Enjoy!
- If you are interested, all of the product links for this post are within the actual blog post on my website. Please be sure to check it out!
BLT Fried Egg Bagelwich
- 1 Everything Bagel, sliced
- 2 tbsp Kite Hill Chive Cream Cheese
- 1 handful Arugula (equivalent to about 1/4 cup)
- 2 Tomato Slices
- 1/2 Avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 slice Wright Brand Applewood Thick Cut Smoked Bacon, cooked
- Chosen Foods 100% Pure Avocado Oil Spray
- 1 Egg
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
- Bagel: Turn the oven to high broil. Place the bagel on a cookie sheet, insides facing upward. Broil until nice and toasted; set aside. (Be sure to watch it consistently or it will burn).
- Bacon: During this time, cook the bacon. For convenience, you can use the microwave or cook it on the stovetop. Whichever you prefer is fine.
- Egg: Heat the avocado oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add the egg and season with salt and pepper. Fry it for about 2 minutes on medium-high heat, flip, turn heat to low and cook an additional minute. This produces a perfect “over-medium” egg with just a bit of run.
- Assemble: Smear each bagel piece with one tablespoon of the chive cream cheese. To the bottom slice add arugula, tomato, avocado and bacon. Top with the fried egg and other bagel slice.
- Serve: Enjoy right away with your favorite juice or coffee.
- Bagel: Remove some of the inner breading so it’s not so “bready”. (You just want a good bread to filling ratio). You can either remove it by pulling out some of the middle pieces with your fingers, or just trim off a bit from each side with a knife.
- Broil: I toast my bagel in the oven on high broil, because it’s much easier that way. Plus, these big bagels don’t really fit well in a toaster. You just have to watch it though. It crisps up fast.
- Egg: You can make this sandwich with a fried, scrambled or poached egg. All options work!