These Cauliflower Tacos are made with cauliflower, peppers, onion, soy sauce, sesame seeds, served on tortillas and garnished with cilantro and avocado slices.
I’ve always loved cauliflower, but lately my obsession has reached new heights. This Cauliflower Tacos dish is the most delicious taco vegetarian dish. These tacos take 30 minutes total to make. You will impress your family and friends by making this, it is a definite crowd pleaser!
This dish is a perfect healthy, satisfying weeknight meal and requires minimal time to cook. The cauliflower could be roasted in the oven instead if you prefer the crispiness. Personally, I like to sauté the vegetables on the stovetop. This dish lasts up to 1 week in the refrigerator. I recommend making ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
I find cauliflower recipes are often bland and the cooking times are drastically inadequate, however this recipe is not the case. The cauliflower is so tender and flavorful. I do recommend smaller florets to male it easier to eat as a taco.
These tacos contain less calories than most tacos, although you can always make Carne Asada tacos instead. You can even make these keto friendly by using La Tortilla Factory low carb tortillas, with only just 3 net carbs per tortilla.
How to make Cauliflower Tacos
In a large deep saucepan, heat up the oil and add the onion, cauliflower and peppers. Cook until the cauliflower starts to brown and the onion and peppers are soft, about 10-15 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes longer, stirring. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.
Add the tortillas on a plate and place the filling in each tortilla. Garnish with sliced avocados and top with salsa verde. Serve with lime wedges.
- PASTEL AZTECA
- CHILAQUILES CON SALSA VERDE
- PORTOBELLO AND BACON QUESADILLAS WITH CHIPOTLE AIOLI
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 4 cups of chopped cauliflower
- 2 bell peppers or poblano peppers, sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 8-10 corn tortillas, warmed
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ cup homemade salsa verde or store bought salsa verde for serving
- Lime wedges, for serving
- Avocado slices, for serving
- In a large deep saucepan, heat up the oil and add the onion, cauliflower and peppers and cook until the cauliflower starts to brown and the onion and peppers are soft, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes longer, stirring. Remove from heat and garnish with cilantro.
- Add the tortillas on a plate and place the filling in each tortilla.
- Garnish with sliced avocados and top with salsa verde. Serve with lime wedges.