Pumpkin Banana Bread
If you're looking for something easy to make, that's healthy and filling, this loaf should fit the bill!
This Pumpkin Banana bread even has dried cranberries in it, although you can easily leave them out if you don't have any at hand.
Grab a slice or two for a quick breakfast on the go or for an afternoon snack with a hot cup of tea.
This loaf is a great way to use up overripe bananas - the very best banana breads are always made with super ripe (like dark!) bananas.
You can either buy a can of pumpkin or make your own homemade pumpkin puree from left over Halloween pumpkins!
With a 15 minute prep time, and then 45 minutes in the oven, you'll find it easy to make this delicious loaf.
Mash those over ripe bananas really well; I find a potato masher works great for this but you can also just use a fork.
Once mashed, add your pumpkin puree, eggs, oil, honey and sugar. Stir together well.
Add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon. Stir together well before pouring into a greased loaf pan.
After baking, let the loaf sit for about 15 minutes, then remove from the pan.
Let it cool more before slicing and serving.
If you're looking for more loaf recipes that are super easy to make, try this Lemon Loaf! It's even got a rosemary glaze drizzled on top.
Pumpkin Banana Bread
- 2 ripe mashed bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 c olive oil
- 1 1/3 c pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 c honey
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsps. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 c raisins, I used cranberries
- 1/2 c walnut pieces, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease and flour two cake loaf pans.
- In large bowl, stir the mashed banana, eggs, oil, pumpkin, honey and sugar.
- Combine and sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, pie spice and cinnamon.
- Stir it into the banana mixture, then fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pans and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaves in the pans for about 10 minutes before removing.