Not only do these look amazing, but they taste amazing too! You really can't go wrong with potatoes. This will for sure be a staple side dish at your next dinner party.
Top with some chopped parsley & melted butter, as well as a dollop of sour cream.
Keep it simple with salt & pepper, or go outside your comfort zone and try some fun new flavours. The great thing about these potatoes is that they're really customizable!
As for toppings - the options are endless! Today I chose to keep it simple and combine some chopped parsley & melted butter to drizzle on top. Some of my other favourite toppings are green onions, bacon bits, chives and melted cheese. Sounds heavenly, doesn't it!
- 2 large potatoes (Russet work the best in my opinion)
- 2 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tbsp of fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp of melted butter
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Wash & dry the potatoes.
- Cut a small sliver off the bottom of the potato so it will sit flat without rolling.
- Make vertical cuts 80% of the way through the potatoes. Be sure to not cut all the way through.
- Heavily coat the potatoes in olive oil, making sure to get in between each cut.
- sprinkle with salt & pepper, then place them on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place in the middle of the oven for around 50-minutes (depending on your oven), or until the top of the potatoes are golden brown.
- Once the potatoes are fully cooked, pour over the melted butter, fresh parsley and sour cream.