Miso isn’t just for bland soups ladies and gentleman, it is also for amazing salad dressings! This miso tofu salad is made of broiled tofu, asparagus, pea shoots, butter lettuce, zucchini, and snow peas. It is perfect for a healthy vegan lunch, and is so quick and easy to make!This salad takes about twenty minutes of prep time, but that is generous. This salad can be prepped as quick as you can chop and toss. There is about twelve minutes of cooking time, but only eight to ten is actually spent cooking. I allowed a few extra minutes for preheating the broiler.
Miso Tofu Salad
Miso Tofu Salad
- 14 oz Firm Tofu (cut into 1' slices)
- 1 cup Snow Peas
- 1 cup Pea Shoots
- 10 Asparagus Spears (trimmed short)
- 1 Zucchini (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 cups Butter Lettuce
- 3 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 tbsp Sunflower Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Rice Miso
- 4 cloves Garlic (minced)
To make the dressing:
- Stir the rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, sunflower oil, brown rice miso, and garlic together.
To make the salad:
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, and arrange the tofu in a single layer with space in between.
- Spoon some of the dressing over the tofu.
- Broil the tofu for eight to ten minutes.
- Let the tofu cool for ten minutes, then toss with the rest of the ingredients.
- Serve drizzled with the remainder of the dressing.
- Store this salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days. Store the salad and the dressing separately. I do not recommend freezing the salad, but you can freeze the dressing in an airtight container for up to four months.
Want more details about this and other recipes? Check out more here!
Published August 12th, 2020 5:32 PM