Hot Veggie Ramen
I LOVE THIS HOT VEGGIE RAMEN. This is not a joke, at one point I was eating ramen 2-3 times a week. I have to admit, I have been to just about all of the Ramen spots through out Baltimore and as more pop up I will most likely check them out. This dish is like a hug in a bowl, how can you not continue to get more? For the longest time I thought of Ramen as this difficult dish to make. But guess what? It isn’t.
This Hot Veggie Ramen is actually pretty simple to make and can be done in under and hour. For this dish I stuck with the basics for the most part and didn’t go spicy. Although, the more spice the better in my opinion. I never know if my nose is running from the hot soup or from the spice. Whatever it is running from, you will be left with clear sinus that’s for sure. If you are really looking for a soup with a kick, check out our Buffalo Chicken Soup! That will clear your stuffy nose right up. No meds required.
While we didn't outline it in this recipe, we added some pork to this. Our pork was cooked from our Cubans and goes so well in this Hot and Spicy Ramen. We just chopped up our pork and added it to the bowl before adding the broth. The broth heated it right up!
The most time consuming part is getting all your ingredients together. After that it is quite simple. Chop your veggies, put your oil and and go for it! Once you add the broth and water in the wok you can basically let that simmer until you are ready to construct your bowl of Ramen. The flavors are only going to deepen further as it simmers. Add that extra gochujang and get that spice kickin'!
From our kitchen to yours, cheers!
Hot Veggie Ramen
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- 2 cloves garlic smashed
- 1 inch ginger sliced
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp gochujang
- 1 tsp Korean red chili powder
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 packets ramen noodles
- 2 eggs soft boiled
- 1 carrot julienned
- 1 handful bean sprouts
- 1 handful red cabbage chopped
- 1 handful pea shoots
- black sesame seeds to garnish
- In a large wok add sesame oil over medium heat
- Once hot add garlic, green onions, and ginger and cook 2-3 minutes
- Add soy sauce, gochujang, and Korean red chili powder. Mix until gochujang is dissolved
- Once heat returns pour in the beef broth and water and bring to simmer
- As broth is cooking, bring a pot of water to a boil cook eggs about 6 minutes until soft boiled
- Remove eggs and place in cold water. Add ramen noodles to boiling water
- Cook 3 minutes, drain, and rinse under cold water
- Now it's time to construct your ramen bowl
- Add your noodles to the bottom of the bowl and pour broth over top. Next add toppings of carrots, bean sprouts, pea shoots, egg, red cabbage, and garnish with black sesame seeds!
You are making me hungry! This looks delicious! Going to give it a whirl. Love asian cuisine. Thanks for sharing!