If you never want to miss a recipe, make sure you subscribe to my FREE Newsletter. This newsletter is 100% free, and it will showcase recipes I cooked that month, tips & tricks, exclusive recipes, and promos/partnerships. Just Click Here - Don't worry, you'll NEVER be charged!
If you didn't already know, the classic Caprese is one of the most refreshing salads you can have all summer long. And it taste even better when you find the freshest, most perfect, summer tomatoes.
This Rustic Caprese is the simplest, yet most delicious salad - proof that simple is better! If you want to see a video on how this is done, just head on over to my instagram!
I like to use a mix of tomatoes, cut in half or even quartered.
Then instead of slicing fresh mozzarella the classic way, I like to pull it apart.
Scatter the pulled mozzarella and fresh basil around the tomatoes.
Liberally season with salt, and a drizzle of really good extra virgin olive oil.
- The highest quality tomatoes you can find
- Fresh mozzarella
- The highest quality Extra Virgin Olive Oil you can afford
- Flakey salt
- Slice your tomatoes in half and/or quartered.
- Transfer the sliced tomatoes into a bowl, then top with the pulled mozzarella and fresh basil.
- Liberally season with flakey salt, and a generous drizzle of EVOO. Allow the tomatoes to sit and marinate in the EVOO for 10 -15 minutes.